Saturday, March 25, 2006

Kiki's Delivery service

I know what all you people are thinking, "Rabbit-man Kiki's delivery service is a movie for girls, why the heck did you watch it?", Well uhh lets see the answer is that....the movie was made by Hayao Miyazaki, and I was expecting all sorts of blood and violence, and all that other stuff that real men like me like. YEAH I think I'm gonna go kill some stuff right now, give me a second....


Visual Quality-20 points. If any of you people haven't figured it out already, I, Rabbit-man really like the movies animated by studio Ghibli, and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. For me to give this movie anything less than 20 points would be blasphemy....wait this blog is called anime is blasphemy....shit.....Well anyway the character designs are pretty cool, and the animation is very fluid. I was really surprised with how good this movie looks, it was made in 1989, seriously look at some American stuff from that time, most of it is crap in comparison to this.

Plot-34 points. This is a pretty simple movie, the story revolves around a young witch living in an unfamiliar place, while trying to mature into an adulthood. Unlike many of Miyazaki's other more epic movies, this one consists of many "episodic" scenes, there is no bad guy (not that there are well defined bad guys in any of Miyazaki's movies, except for that lupin the III one), or an overarching plot. This can be a good thing, because many of those epic movies miyazaki tend to be hastily/badly resolved, see Howl's moving castle, but this one has a nice satisfying ending. That gets this movie some bonus points in my book.

Characters-29 points. All of the characters are well developed here. The movie mainly focuses on Kiki and her cat, but the supporting characters are sufficiently represented here. Miyazaki is an admitted feminist, and it is fairly obvious in this movie. There are only 3 main male characters, and only one has more than a few lines.

Music- 10 points. This movie has some pretty good music, but I have heard better in the other Ghibli movies. I liked many of the italian sounding pieces in this though.


Visual Quality-20 points, Plot-34 points, Characters-29 points, Music- 10 points

Overall score- 93 points

3 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Nobody cares about these backwards anime shows. Start talking about something relevant to the real world because people have no interest in pointless nonsense, so if you want people to come to your blog, talk about something normal.

Notice how 95% of the comments have nothing to do with anime?

 
At March 29, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Rabbit-man said...

Now I may just be completely horribly confused, but the last time I checked blogs were a forum for people to talk about their interests. So if I talked about anime, SOMETHING I AM INTERESTED IN, then I have a right to talk about it. If nobody cares about anime, and nobody looks at this blog, then why are you wasting your time commenting here anyway?

 
At March 30, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Just to irritate you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home