Monday, March 06, 2006

Triplettes of Belleville


All right, folks. I know anime has a connotative value for only Japanese animations, but believe it or not, other country makes animations too. It's a shocking news for some, no? This animation that I will talk about is actually French, with American satire. But fear not, there are no French spoken during the film. In fact, nothing is said throughout the movie. And yet, it's voice is pure as a toilet bowl that has been just cleaned...WITH YOUR TONGUE.

Let us commence:
Visual quality- the drawing is not clear, and it has a sense of shaded, gloomy tone. It's exactly what it should have. The scenery is nicely drawn, with a sense of surrealism. The characters are drawn with an overly exaggerated posture. There is a transition from old style (mickey mouse style) to more modern, realistic and somewhat depressing art. I would, in the end, give it a 16. The only problem is that the IT WOULD CREEP THE HELL OUT OF YOU IF YOU WOULD SEE IT FOR THE FIRST TIME..But it's art. One of the coolest scene in here is when the old lady threw in a grenade into a pond to go fishing. That scene would make you go: That was the coolest scene! (Actually, that's not the coolest scene. I would tell you, but if I did, I'd get my ass kicked by the producers for ruining the story) (Not that I can't whoop them back or anything...)

Plot: There really isn't much of a plot, and this movie relies mostly on sentimental values rather than story. I mean seriously, I can pretty much sum up the events in this movie in what... one sentence. Yup, you better watch the movie if you think I'm lying. Just go to www.free-movies.com/tripletofbelville to pirate the movie and be cursed by many movie producers for doing such act. Did you click the link? It's fake. Shame on you for trying to download an illegal movie. Anyway, I would give it 36, because it's still damn funny to watch grandmas throwing grenade around. Can't say anymore, because I'll get pummeled by the director.

Characters: Each character is not represented, not developped by dialogues nor actions, but by their physical deformity, and their portrayal through artistic means. For example, the main character's grandson, (the tall skinny guy above) has a gentle soul, and so sensitive, yet is a hardworking man. One scene shows him as a horse like character, as his rides his bicycle like a slave. I give this portion 27, because some of the characterization could have been expanded.

Music. Like I said before, there are no dialogues in the film. Instead, they are replaced by musics that are both different in genres, and also some you have never heard of before. After all, one of the main characters, the triplettes, used to be singers earlier on in the film. The music ranges from classic, to jazz, blues to polka, Italian to French, and that's what makes it work. The most impressive music is done by a Vaccum cleaner, a refrigerator grid, bicycle wheel, and news paper. That is it, and it is one of the awesomest thing you'll ever hear from common household items. For orignality, for creativity, and excellent music that you can hum and whistle by after you finish the movie and going to your friend's dog's funeral, (meaning it's memorable) I would give it a bonus of 13 points.

So, I guess the grand total of this movie would be... 92! Pretty good film. You should check it out!

8 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLASPHEMY!!! YOU PUT FRENCH STUFF IN A JAPANESE ANIME COLUMN. WHAT THE F***?!?!?!

 
At March 12, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Rabbit-man said...

yEaH TAKE DOWN. WHATCHA GONNA DO KNOW VISCIOUCS DREMEARAER i RABBBIT-MA NmaSTER OF SPELLIGN WILL DESTROY YOU

 
At March 12, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Rabbit-man said...

BY THE WAY THAT ANONYMOUS COMMENT WAS NO MADE BY ME.. oh crap the caps lock button... Uh yes it was not made by me.

 
At March 13, 2006 3:56 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Do you see what Anime has done to you? It's causing you to criticize yourself and defend yourself. Split personalities...not a good thing, not a good thing.

 
At March 13, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Rabbit-man said...

Hey Kent I think you are confused, again, I did not write that article, vicious Dreamer wrote it. If I criticize it, it does not mean I have split personalities.

You should go to my other blog where I criticized animal planet and said it was good in this same post, click here. Now that is split personalities.

 
At March 18, 2006 4:45 PM, Blogger vicious dreamer said...

Hell? Didn't I explain at the very beginning that anime is not limited to Japanese animation? Anime comes from japanese "anime", that is derived from english "animation". Everyone knows that. But in Japan, word "anime" refers to ALL animation, so go suck on a carrot, rabbit-boy.

 
At March 18, 2006 4:58 PM, Blogger Rabbit-man said...

Vicious Dreamer You are back!!! I thought I killed you off!!!! The next assasin won't miss I tells you.

 
At March 19, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger vicious dreamer said...

Oh, yeah. I came back. MORE VICIOUS THAN EVER! My next target is you, furry boy! Better watch out because I'm gonna drag you out of your hole!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home